- Adventure Tours, Africa, Namibia, Overland Tour
- Adventure Tour, Namib Desert, Namibia, Safari, Wildlife Tours
Namibia is situated in the southwest of Africa and is known for the Namib Desert cascading along its Atlantic Ocean Coast. Namibia as its neighbours is home to diverse wildlife including its cheetah population. Our 10 Days Namibia Explored tour starts and ends in Namibia’s capital – Windhoek, which has high German colonial-era buildings and architecture such as Christ Church, which was built in 1907. You will have the opportunity to explore this unique city, on Day 1 of your tour (we suggest a pre and post night), walk along the streets, meet the locals and even try some local cuisine. Walk around the markets and purchase some unique Namibian artwork or gifts.
Namibia however, hosts a variety of different ethnic groups; and therefore one particular dish cannot be singled out.
Here are a few, which you may also find in other countries around Africa:
- Potjie Kos – basically this dish is prepared and cooked in a large, black three-legged cast iron pot which has been placed over an open fire.
- Braaivleis – also known as a ‘barbeque’.
- Boerewors – South African influence, and is also known as a beef sausage.
- Biltong – Dried meat, that has been marinated for days and then spiced.
- Mopane worms – Caterpillars which are fried to get a crispy coating.
- Kapana – this is more of a local street snack and sold in Namibia’s townships.
- Tripe – also known as offal (Stomachs).
Etosha National Park is one of our favourite locations in Namibia, with their salt pan drawing game including rhinos and giraffes, you are bound to get some great photos! If you are an avid photographer, and looking for your next National Geographic photo, then Namibia is one of the places to visit!
Visit the famous White Lady Bushmen Painting in Brandberg. You will have the option of a self-drive guided tour, in one of our Polaris Utility Terrain Vehicles. Soak in the scenery along the riverbed with multicoloured rocks that take on a variety of shades of flaming orange in the late afternoon. Once you have arrived at your destination, the chance of you seeing the famous desert elephant are high, as they can often be seen wandering on the premises.
Namibia has so much to offer, and what a fabulous way to experience this country, and getting to know a variety of people from different backgrounds!
We look forward to seeing you on your next African Adventure!
Written by: Daina Walters