Do I have to be of a certain age to join a tour?
- We place a lot of emphasis on the quality of, and the experience on our tours, so we expect all participants to be mindful of the fact that they could travel together with people of all ages.
- You need to be 18 years old on the departure date of the trip. If you want to travel together as a family with children, you can contact us to provide a tailor-made trip designed for your needs.
- There is no “maximum” age limit on our trips.
- Detailed information is provided about the style of each tour and the itineraries, so participants that book on the same tour will generally share the same interests, irrespective of age or abilities.
- Our group tours are designed to provide as much flexibility as possible to pursue individual interests – there will thus be ample time to “do your own thing”, but a mature approach is more important than age to make sure your tour is a success.
How much “work” will I be expected to do?
- Please note that due to the nature of our tours being “Soft Adventures Tours” your participation and help with camp duties are appreciated to ensure the smooth and timeous running of the tour.
- Your adventure crew will divide everybody into small groups and “duties” will be rotated daily to make sure everybody gets a turn in helping with cooking, packing, cleaning etc. These duties are usually a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers a bit better while chopping tomatoes.
- If you are on an accommodated tour, then your style of travel will naturally be more relaxed as you will not have to deal with tents and most of the cooking.